Dhal Makhani (black lentil and beans)
- 100g black lentil
- 50g black beans
- small chunk of ginger (1-2cm)
- 2 tbl spoons of ghee butter (another fat also possible)
- 2-3 clove of garlic
- 2-3 tomatoes (accoridng to the size)
- 100 – 150ml coconut cream
- 1 big red onion
- 1 tbl spoon of tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon of Roman cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1,5 teaspoon of garam masala
- pinch of pepper
- himalayan or sea salt
- grounded chilli according tto the taste
- fresh coriander for serving
Healthy Indian meal which is full of taste rich with minerals, fiber, calcium, vitamin A and folic acid. A light meal from which enables the body draw the energy for a long time.
Suitable side dish: naan, (gluten free) cereals such as quinoa
Rinse the balck lentils and black beans. Soak them for at least 12 hours, ideally in salted water with chopped chilli and ginger.
Change the water if needed and boil legumes together for 90 minutes on a low flame till they are very soft. Put 1/3 of legumes aside. Rest mix with a stick mixer.
Melt the ghee butter in a pan. Add Roman cumin, chopper garlic and a chopped chilli pepper. Let it smell for 2 minutes. Add finely chopped ginger, ground coriander, pepper and salt. Stir properly. Add mixed legumes into the pan and add a little bit of water. Boil for 5 mins. As a final touch add coconut cream and just heat it over a very mild flame. When the sauce is dense it is ready, add the remaining 1/3 of legumes.
When serving add a little bit of finely chopped fresh coriander on top of the Dhal Makhani.
Enojy your meal!